Thursday 3 October 2013

Cliff Dives and Nerf Wars and Concerts Oh My!

So I've had a pretty hectic September that hasn't really slowed down until just now (and that's because it's raining and our trip got postponed!)

Here's a little of what I've been up to

On the First of September myself and a group of mates got up at 5am (after a big night out) to go to the beach and watch the first sunrise of Spring - and it was definitely worth it! The water was ice cold, the sand even colder but the weather was perfect and the hash browns and coffee for breakfast were the best I've ever eaten!!

From there I had an insane two weeks of uni where I had 5 assessments due in the same amount of days (and me being me, left them til last minute) but thankfully they're over now and I had something amazing to look forward to that was the awesome time of Efterski!

What is Efterski you may ask - a four day long festival at Thredbo NSW with big air comps (100ft jump!), bands and end of ski season shenanigans!
We saw awesome bands and DJ's such as Rufus, Alison Wonderland, Kele, Pluto Jonze, and Hermitude to name a few!! The weekend did not disappoint, the atmosphere was awesome, people were just there to have a good time and chill out at the snow and in the heated pools and spas and dance til the early hours of the morning (the drive home Sunday was exhausting!)
 

Next up in the wondrous adventures of me was a few concerts at uni - I saw Kingswood and Jinja Safari - both did not disappoint, and were cool enough to chill with us afterwards and just chat which is awesome :) that's probably my favourite thing about gigs at uni - how easy it is to just hang out with the bands and have fun
 Kingswood

Jinja Safari

And it's not over yet! Next thing I know I'm heading up to Sydney for 2 good friends 21st birthdays which were amazing fun but had a bit of excitement when across the road there was suddenly 6 cop cars, a riot van and 2 ambulances!! Apparently there was a brawl and it wasn't even 9.30pm yet... and people wonder why I don't like going out in Sydney on a Saturday night.

The next weekend I had yet another 21st (this one back in Wollongong) which was great fun we danced the night away after drinking all the different flavoured vodka infusions you could imagine!


From there I FINALLY got to mid semester break which hasn't slowed me down at all! So far I've been to Wattamolla cliff diving - which is an absolutely stunning place and the weather was perfect - a toasty warm 30C

The next day battered and bruised I headed into uni as a part of the Red Banditos to compete in UOW Arena where we loaded up our Nerf guns (2 suitcases full between 5 of us!) got geared up and set maturity levels to 100000% and ran around shooting each other for 5 hours! We won the longest shot competition but didn't make it to the final round to win the title



Aaaaand now we're finally at today - it's raining so we cancelled our beach trip, and doesn't look like we'll be going to the firetwirling tonight either, which is alright cause I might finally be able to catch up on some sleep and relax my sore muscles!! Then do it all over again as the weather warms up!



Keep on keeping on! xx






No comments:

Post a Comment