Wednesday 23 December 2009

Can't believe it's almost over...




So, I have been extremely lazy with this blog since I moved host families; but for good reasons
1 - I have been extremely busy
2 - I have limited access to the internet

A little update to keep everyone everywhere in the world jealous of my little brag ;)
so I'm gonna cheat and copy pretty much what I wrote to www.cowracommunitynews.com because I just don't have the time... I've added some since I wrote that, it's at the end!!

I promised last week that I would write a short update for you all but then managed to get distracted and haven’t had the time to sit down and write something, but now I’ve got this space of time here goes. I haven’t really had time to sit down, relax and think about the fact that I only have one month left in this amazing country!

I left my last update at my making a presentation for my Host Rotary Club of Eferding, which was just me talking about Australia, and Cowra for ten minutes, and I think I did a pretty good job promoting our country and town!

I headed to Vienna for the afternoon and had a haircut, and wandered the streets for a while enjoying the atmosphere and sights of such an amazing city.

Then it was back to school as per normal!

The following weekends, and free time was spent doing various things from enjoying the Christmas markets, heading to another ball and hanging out with friends.

The countdown has really begun until I am home, with exactly one month left! But I am trying to pack as much into my little time left as possible, from skiing, enjoying the snow (which is weird for me!!) and experiencing my first white Christmas!!

Tomorrow, I’m headed to Salzburg, home of ‘the Sound of Music’ for my last Rotary weekend with the other exchange students, and I’m pretty sad that it’s that time already! I can’t believe how time has flown!!

I know this is only short, but hopefully I will have a bit more time to sit down and write something before I leave!!

And here’s a short video I made! Enjoy!!

With Love from Austria!!!



My last Rotary weekend was incredible, so so much fun, that I didnt have time to be sad that we were all going our seperate ways until I got home!


Salzburg was AMAZINGly beautiful coated in a blanket of white, even though, when I returned to wels on Sunday my host dad proceeded to tell me it was -14°!!! No wonder I was so cold... but even only four days before Christmas, doesnt mean I will definately have a white Christmas as the temperature is supposed to get up to 13° or 14°!! Which is a bit disappointing for me, but fingers crossed its snowing!!!


Today was my last day of school :'(

But just before I leave I am planning to go back for one day just to say my goodbyes properly!!

Tomorrow I am going to school with my sister to give a presentation on Australian Christmas and what it's normally like for me, 4 times!!! to 4 different classes!! which is ok, it is always nice to represent Australia like that!


I'll try and get a post up after Christmas and New Years before I leave, I definately know it will be a very different time for me!!

Have a safe and merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
FROHE WEIHNACHTEN UND EINE GLÜCKLICHES NEUES JAHR!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment